I woke up today after taking another sleeping pill, only half of one this time!, and have felt some relief. My focus and eyesight is still 'off', but the pain isn't nearly as intense.
We are going to go to a doctor this afternoon that has been recommended to us so we will see if they are able to help at all. At this point I just want to rule out some things that give me stress and anxiety to think about :)
We've decided on the Swiss Alps for our vacation this summer. Many of you know vacations twice a year are mandatory for us now, and I can't help but feel a little guilty that we aren't able to spend the time with family, but I am SO looking forward to having a real vacation. This will be one of the first times we will vacation as a family without the added stress of meeting with someone, or being at a certain place at a certain time. We can just decide what we want to do and do it, or not! I know Cedar will love the train ride and Wes and I are so ready to be in the mountains, do some hiking, and feel 'free' again from expectations and burdens. Our friends Rachel and Rob are going to make the journey over to join us and I just can't believe we will get to spend time with them! It's so amazing how God provides! We won't be going until the end of June, beginning of July but we are having to plan and make reservations now so it has been something really great to look forward to. So if any of you find yourselves with a vacation budget and the time please come join us on our Alps vacation!! :)
Monday, April 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So glad you are finally getting a little relief... we have been praying. Hopefully the doctor is a good experience too and can help you! As for your vacation- how exciting! After the intense last year, it will sure be a blessing!
ReplyDeleteNikki,
ReplyDeleteYour headaches sound horrible! I hope you are able to get some good help. Are there pretty good doctors out there? We pray that it is nothing serious and that you are able to return to your normal life soon...
I'm so glad you are feeling better, I pray that your relief continues.
ReplyDeleteWe went to the Alps several years ago and had a fantastic time. The mountains are incredible and you can actually get a huge jar of Nutella! :-) We did eat lots of cheese fondue and bread, but we were hiking lots so it was all good. If you get a chance you guys should try a via feretta hike/climb. Enjoy!
Oh, what a precious time that vacation will be for you guys! I am so thankful that you will be able to go to such a glorious place! ENJOY!! (and take a lot of pictures!)
ReplyDeletehey there,
ReplyDeleteuhhh i'm getting tired of hearing that your still sick! would you get better already? (please note the love in my tone:)