Monday, March 1, 2010
What a day... the women in the window... again
So there I was just chatting away with the women in that window across the street when they start gesturing and speaking very loudly in Kurdish, I turn, and there's our truck rolling backwards with both Cedar and Oasis in the truck, Oasis is strapped in her seat looking at me through their open door, and Cedar is looking very sheepish... in other words a little kid version of oh.... you know what!! You better believe it. That kid was goofing around, right after I had told him to get his belt on, and either knocked the gear shift or moved it intentionally. Either way it shifted it to neutral and slammed into the truck behind about a good couple hundred yards away. I was running towards them and it took long enough to hit the other truck that I reached the truck before it hit. They were both fine, can't say the same about mom though. The man who's truck it was, was very understanding. By the time he came out to assess the damage I was shaking and crying, and he says to me in very broken english, why you crying its nothing?... its nothing?? yeah right. Needless to say I called Wes and had him put our translator on the phone and talk with the guy. The guy's response to all of this? "It's nothing, we are neighbors you do not have to pay to have it fixed." Seriously?? Wow... its not like people here don't take pride in their cars cause they do. They cause more bumper to bumper traffic issues cause they slow down to like 2 mph to go over the speed bumps, or suddenly veer into oncoming traffic to avoid a mud puddle... "It's nothing". I just can't convince myself of that. I am so thankful God provided a semi-english speaking man to have us hit his truck with our truck. Damage assessment? Kids fine, our truck fine, the other man's bumper totally dented like a taco, and me a wreak.... I wanna come home now :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh my goodness!! I am so glad that everyone is OK. What a blessing that man was to say it was nothing! Wow! In the states that would hardly even happen with someone that you knew. Praying for you and soooooo thankful that no one was hurt!
ReplyDeleteFirst, Glad everyone is ok.
ReplyDeleteSecond, I can only laugh because everyone is ok.
Third, It is crazy the things God will use to give us opportunity to build relationships with our neighbors.
We are praying for you guys!
Thanks for the updates.
I like that..a good opportunity to get to know your neighbors =) It really is. I get to know my neighbors in similar ways it seems up here. I am so thankful that everyone is ok. I will be praying.
ReplyDeleteHahaha I can just see the look on Cedar's face. Glad it turned out okay. God's has such a great sense of humor in the way he provides sometimes. Can't wait to hear how your relationships with the neighbors continue to grow. Katelyn
ReplyDelete