Well I know I should post something and have known for the last couple of days, but I just couldn't get myself to sit down and write. I was convinced anything I said would come acrossed as whiny, and complaining. Which it probably still will but I need to let you all know we're alive. Cedar and Oasis are doing great. A big relief because since we arrived they have been really hard to deal with. Now they are getting back to a settled routine of play dough, books, coloring, dvd's, snack time, nap time, school, and even adding in the occasional craft time (a BIG step for mommy). They continue to surprise Wes and I with their grasp of the Kurdish language, and are doing pretty well at saying the greetings in Kurdish. I have noticed after Oasis has spent time around the language her English becomes pretty garbled. But you should hear some of the international children they speak 3 languages fluently! Their native language, Kurdish and English. So I am excited for Cedar and Oasis to have this advantage in learning. I believe Cedar will start Kurdish school in September. This is a switch from what we were originally thinking, but we have prayed long and hard and believe the best for him would be to integrate into the schools here. We will give it a try and see how he fairs. I confess it would be nice to have some one on one time with Oasis and maybe tame her bad habits she's learned from her big brother. She is one wild and crazy little girl at times she is so obedient and at others she is so not :) Sounds like a two year old right? Which she will be next month. We haven't decided on a party theme yet, but birthdays have always been celebrated in my family in a big way, and I hope to pass that on to our kids, so we'll do what we can here.
Wes is working hard. They have been working on a big project since the second week we arrived. I know he enjoys his work here so much, knowing how it will benefit the people of Iraq, can you imagine? So cool. I am one for sure who would benefit from some clean drinking water. I am still sick, which at this point it has subsided to a 'deal with it' condition. I think the hardest part is the tiredness, but we are working through that as well. It seems that I am learning to work through a lot lately. One of the main things being stuck inside our house. This weekend is Nawroz so we will go picnicing with our neighbors which will be a welcome respite from the normal routine of cleaning, teaching and cleaning. :) There have been transitions which we have gone through since arriving and still more to come. One thing is for certain to make all of these transitions on our own strength would not work, and so I daily find myself resting in the strength of the One who is without any weakness. Praise His name.
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

school uhhh??? That's pretty exciting! A new door to be opened. New people to meet and share with! Awesome
ReplyDeleteJust wanted you to know that we're thinking of you... you, Niki, were on my heart so much today. Hope you are doing ok. Praying for you!!! Kurdish school- that will be an incredible experience and hopefully like phyllis said it will open doors for relationships for you and for Cedar.
ReplyDelete