Saturday, March 6, 2010

Quiet Ramblings

So lately I have had some rich time with Jesus during my 'quiet times' with him. The other day I was on the roof and this poem came from that time...

How I love thee LORD Jesus
always my comfort, my guide
How I love thee LORD Jesus
for you have never left my side

When darkness flees, and
the mist of confusion rescinds
There you reside, the light,
the love, found deep with in

When the sorrows and oppression
blocks the light of love
So I'll choose to seek your
face in the heavens above

You'll find me LORD Jesus upon
my rooftop
Praying LORD Jesus, never let
the rain of your mercies stop

And as I sit and pray
with my face toward the wind
your Spirit LORD Jesus restores
my soul once again, deep within

So... how I love thee LORD Jesus
is it possible for me to say?
I love thee LORD Jesus for you
provide the way.

This other excerpt is from a time of prayer and meditation on Song of Songs 2: 8-17, and 7:10. It was a group prayer meeting to pray over I... and as I meditated I heard Jesus speaking so clearly to me...

Lord Jesus I desire to come with you, to be with you, seeing the world throughyour eyes. I run with you Lord jesus, I run with you my hand is clasped to yours. do you feel my heart beating? It beats with love for you Lord God, it beats with passion for exploring who you are. You are my beloved and I am secure in being yours Lord Jesus hear my cry, I come out from my hiding place, see I am exposed to all that you are, my heart is not hidden from you, its released from the winter of my soul, how beautiful is your springtime. Seek out that which keeps me from your fruit from blossoming, water my soul with your love Lord Jesus. As your love shines like the sun, make the shadows in my soul flee. You rejoiced when I truned to you, the day our hearts wed. Rejoice in me your bride again with the passion of our first love. Rejoice in your bride Lord Jesus. I am adorned with beauty, I am kissed with the dew of spring, renew the love within me. Bring forth the blossoms in the vineyard. Help me to be your treasured beloved again. Once your desire was to great for me, now Lord Jesus I seek the fullness of your desire. You are mine and I am yours. Praise you LORD, praise your Holy name...

As I wrote this my mind was filled with visions of running and leaping over the mountains giddy with my first love. The verse in Revelations was fresh in my mind, and I remembered the rebuke given and I turned to him.
This journey we are on (wes and I and in your way you are too) we are constantly under pressure. We are under pressure to perform for those who are behind us on this service, we are pressured to perform because of our own desires for the kingdom, we are pressured to perform for our team, we are pressured to perform for the culture. At times it is overwhelming and it kills the spark of fire in our souls that drove us to this place to begin with. So this time of prayer was very special to me, again I remembered my first love. I have been so caught up in the supremacy of God, I had forgotten His love for me, I was bound by the law again, but now I am set free from the law, and I run with Him through the vineyard, touching, seeing exploring the world of my Beloved as He sees it. I am in love with my Lord. All of this is because of Him and His word. Its not something within me, its not me striving, trying or forcing it to be. I rested in His word, and He spoke to me. In that moment I felt His arms, I felt His breath on my face, and I cried as I wrote these words, because He loved ME, ME, amazing.
Its the same for you. Even more amazing because His love is without limit, it never runs dry, it always keep pouring out upon His bride. Praise Him.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Thank you for sharing. Praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful poem! You speak to my heart, friend.

    ReplyDelete