What a day. Wes is over his crisis, I am finally feeling better, and the kids are sleeping in the afternoons. Praise God.
Today we studied spiritual warfare, and suffering. Can you say hard? Yep it was, but it was also the most grace filled discussion I have ever participated in. I love this body of believers. Do NOT get me wrong there are all sorts of doctrines, personality types, and hang ups, but it was full of peace even still. It's so encouraging to see the body function in such a healthy manner. I have tried so hard to not over participate, and I find myself talking more than I would like, but I haven't had Wes tell me that I am talking too much so maybe that's good. Besides in a room full of 40 some people, I can't be the only one who's talking all the time :)
Now for the worldly goods, can I just say how awesome it has been to not have to do dishes, housework or cook?! Everything has been done for us here, I am so blessed by the servants surrounding us through this whole process. It is truly a statement of Christ's hands and feet.
If any of you read this, just put a little message on for us. I am missing our friends and family, and at times I find I struggle with believing we are important when we are not present. Thanks for helping me in this insecurity and for supporting us so fully! You are loved, and you are missed....
My word from God today..... " You are never alone"... Amen
Monday, June 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Checking your blog daily (sometimes more, not sure why =) ) Reading about all thats going on really reminds me of my time in YWAM. So hard, but such precious times with God. Praying for you...
ReplyDeleteDiek keeps looking at your family pic and telling Cedar that he doesn't want to share, not sure what he's talking about. I think he just wants to play with his friend.
Lots of rain so your yard is nice and green.
I think one of the enemies favorite things to do to us is make us feel alone. That is my fear with moving to Lustre, too. But I guess we have to learn that even we have no earthly friends (which isn't very likely) we still aren't alone. We have to learn to depend more on Him and less on each other. But I am still so thankful for the friends He gives me.
Col 1:29
"I work very hard at this, as I depend on Christ's mighty power that works within me."
1 Thes 4:12
"As a result, people who are not Christians will respect the way you live, and you will not need to depend on others to meet your ... needs."
I'm reading every post, niki, and have been praying for you all! ~mollie
ReplyDeletei am reading every day, niki, and praying you along! love to you all, mollie
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry I haven't left a comment before, because I so truly love your updates! It helps me know how to pray and what to pray for as well as just getting a glimpse of what you are doing while away. Know that you all are loved, missed, and are being prayed for daily!
ReplyDeleteHi Niki,
ReplyDeleteThinking of you...and enjoying your blog.
love tori
Hey niki! It's been good to read your blogs. I miss you guys a lot. Come back ok? My last couple weeks have been crazines too. When we were in New Mexico the pastor of the church said something that stuck with me and reminded me of you guys. He said, "God wants followers that are willing to carry burdens." You guys have chosen to carry this burden for these people and it's way cool. It's influencing your life and it's hard for sure, but like you said, "You are never alone." I don't know where i was going with that, but it's just got me thinking on what are the burdens He might ask me to carry. So I love you guys and miss you a lot!
ReplyDeleteps: do you want to climb granite this summer? Some of us want to and we need a guide:)
Katelyn
Niki, I miss you!!! Come home soon ok? :) Sounds like you're having a refreshing time down there. My last two weeks have been insane too. When we were in New Mexico, the pastor of the church said something the first day that has stuck with me. He said, "God wants followers who are willing to carry burdens." It made me think of you guys and your sacrifice and it made me wonder what burdens He might ask me to carry. And in the midst of the burdens he makes that wonderful promise that we are never alone. Those are my thoughts right now. I hope the rest of your week goes good.
ReplyDeleteI love you guys! Praying!!
Katelyn