Thursday, June 11, 2009

A fashion show

Tonight as fantastic we had a fashion show for just the women. The men had to take care of the kids, and us women were able to just get dressed up in our Eastern dress, and have a feast and a fashion show together. My outfit was a Kurdish women's party dress! So much fun, I hope to have some pictures in a little while. There was so much insight to be gained from viewing the world through another women's clothes... literally!
Otherwise today was good. We had a break this morning, and met with the Psychologist, and he didn't think either one of us were crazy... praise God... and didn't have any huge concerns with our ability to transition to life in another culture, well not beyond anything we aren't already aware of. I found it to be insightful, and really encouraging. Then this afternoon was on language, and how the world perceives our work. Very insightful again, and so challenging! More on this later, after I have filtered and processed in my mind... I know surprising! Blessings to each of you, and missing our friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment