Thursday, June 4, 2009

De'nile is a river in Egypt

Well as we prepare to go for training, the myriad of emotions are very overwhelming. Over the weekend it really hit that this is the beginning of the preparations to move overseas. It was an interesting experience, as I found myself capturing moments throughout the weekend. Worshipping at church, and listening to Pastor Steve, or going to graduation. There is so much we will miss over the next two years, and I found myself grieving. I also realized that was ok. The sermon this weekend was on becoming a disciple of Jesus, the cost of following his call. It was perfect for what we have been going through. As Jesus called his disciples, and said "follow me.", many of them were in the midst of living their lives, and yet they put down their tools, left their families, and followed him, almost with out thought to all that they would miss. I don't think God expects us to not care about all that we have done with our lives up to the point He calls us to go, but I do believe He expects and desires obedience, even though the sacrifice may be great. After all He sacrificed the ultimate for us right?
So as I cried at graduation, church, our house, and everywhere in between, I don't believe I was doing anything wrong, I was just releasing the my hearts' sadness, and embracing God's calling to the full scale. I'm sure training over the next two weeks will bring muh more to process through, but now I no longer feel guilty for having the emotion in the first place.
We'll be gone for two weeks, but we should have wireless at the hotel, so hopefully I will be able to post while we are there.

No comments:

Post a Comment