Friday, May 14, 2010

Didn't hear much from that last one

So I haven't heard much reply from that last post. I was really hoping some of you all would give it a go. I think I'll put it in our next update and see if we don't get more bites that way!
We've been doing pretty good here in the Fertile Crescent. It's starting to get HOT and I mean HOT. It went from being rainy and cool to "oh crap I'm living in a desert!" In fact we saw our first scorpion last night. By the way we were told by two different sources that they don't have scorpions here, so must be that one traveled up from the desert oh about 25 miles away! I was pretty freaked out about it, since it came out from underneath the giant blow-up slide Oasis and the other girls had been playing on for over an hour! Thank you God for keeping the kids safe, especially my little monkey girl!
Wes and Cedar are off on a boy scout camp-out. I am pretty excited for them, even though it comes on the tail end of a crazy week. Wes worked 10-12 hour days this week as they are plugging away at the first phase of a project due the beginning of June. He's hoping it will be back to normal after Monday, and I am hoping too!!
Today I was really struck with how blessed I am to be married to such a great guy. Not every guy wakes up early with the crazy children, makes breakfast and even brings it to me to wake me up, or puts up with one obstinate and I mean OBSTINATE wife like he does, or helps her die her hair, or listens to her cry and say "I just want to gooooo HOOOOOOME!!!". Here he is living his dream and I am still complaining! Not to mention the fact that I know in my heart, where I have been studiously avoiding looking, that we are where God desires us to be. He's so patient with me. I really don't like living here. It's beautiful and the people are nice, but it gets hard. And when I say hard just think of a never ending winter of the soul, that's how it has been here for me. Dramatic? Yes, but true to how I have been feeling. We have been here only 4 months so there is room for improvement. But after two days of no electricy or AC I was ready to pack it in because all I could think was "this isn't even the hottest part of the summer yet!" and I am a whuss when it comes to heat.
There's so much that comes from living here that is good. I just have the hardest time battling my heart to be positive and joyful. I am constantly praying, "lord PLEASE give me the strength, PLEASE take away this desire to see our children grow up near our family." I do pretty well for a couple of days, then I slack off and WHAMMO!! I am right back at square one of being sorry for myself. What a whimp! Oh well I am learning that God's grace is so sufficient even for a sinful willful joyless person like me! Praise God that he doesn't judge me on my own merit, but that I have the blood of Jesus to wipe me clean of my sins and make me pure again.
The kids are champs. And we are seeing them starting to show more of their 'normal' selves again. Now to get Oasis to stop eating and licking everything in sight! It's been a miracle that she has not come down REALLY sick, because out of all of us she has the most exposure by far! Cedar is so smart. I have been tracking more of his development and he is performing at a 5 year old level! The only exception being the reading. I haven't been too motivated because he drives me crazy when I try to teach him, but he is recognizing letters and sounds, so I should probably get on the ball! :) Oasis isn't far behind her big brother and tracks everything he does! She's talking in sentences, coloring in the lines, and building some impressive towers with their blocks. Of course her best skill is irritating her brother! I have GOT to stop finding it so funny, so that I can discipline her, but seriously its not like he didn't get his punches in the last 2 years! Crazy to think Cedar is turning 4 and Oasis is 2! It did go so quickly, and as wild and crazy as the two of them are, they are some sensitive and loving kids, which is good cause otherwise I might sell them to the LOWEST bidder, forget the highest! lol!
I have been able to write some more poetry lately, and that continues to be a blessing to my soul. I know when I am near to God because He inspires my heart to overflowing that I have to sit down and write it out once in a while! Thank you God for drawing near as I cry out to hear your voice, and see your face.
I hope as you all read this that where ever you are in the world that you feel this same peace with the Creator God, and that no matter the challenges and trials you are going through that you are able to rest in the Shadow of the Almighty and know even when you doubt, He at least remains constant and true to His character, even if your own is wavering! :)

1 comment:

  1. Keep blogging...I'm loving reading it. I have a feeling I might understand your struggles better come January when we'll probably be off to Amman.
    Praise God for His infinite wisdom and timing!

    ReplyDelete