Thank you! To all of you who have sent packages, cards, notes, pictures and fun things through the mail! It continues to make us so happy and encouraged to press on. As we read the notes, which I confess a tendency to hoard, we are so touched and truly engaged in the feeling that the body is truly connected! So amazing, that some of these notes were written months ago yet the scripture and words written by such loving and prayerful hands hit our struggle... spot on! I love seeing the Lord work in this way!
The Olferts sent us a package, and it was full of the most random things, so you would think we would shake our head and wonder, but in truth we pulled out thing after thing and it sounds weird but they were all things we needed! Hilarious! Wes was especially excited about the Farm newspaper!
We continue to be so humbled by all the support that goes into us living so far away from many of you!
One day we came home to find a phone message on the answering machine and it was Cedar's friend Conner leaving Cedar a message! How fun for a 3 year old to have a message just for him!
My mom sent the coolest book. She's the one reading to the children as they flip the pages! Hallmark came up with a recordable book and you can record the person reading the book to the kids! So special, and as Cedar was thanking Grandma he said, "Could you see me reading the book since you are in there?" :) love it!
Sometimes I have the tendency to think that people don't really care about me, at least not in the way I think of them, so I am always humbled and so touched when we get these notes, emails, phone calls, and packages, because I know there was effort put into all that went into doing them! It's not easy to call, or write or go to the post office, and so many of you have young children which makes for an even more interesting adventure! :)
I guess what I am saying is, we all fall short of supporting/encouraging one another at times, but I realize the fullness of love I am surrounded with because of our rather odd circumstances. I just wanted to write and say that I feel the same way about all of you who have been/continue to be part of our lives! I mean it when I say I think of you often, and I remember to pray for you. I'm not the best at staying in touch, but that doesn't lessen the love I have for you in my heart! Since knowing Jesus some of the most extraordinary people have crossed my path and journeyed alongside me. I am so richly blessed to count you friend.
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment