Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Superbowl Monday......morning

The Superbowl started at an inconvenient time in GMT+3. 2:30AM. But being very patriotic and not wanting to miss the biggest American sports event of the year I was determined to take in the festivities. I got up at 3:30 and began searching on the internet for a decent stream of the big game. It took me an hour to find this but found one with decent audio to catch the end of the second quarter and halftime show. At last I got the game going about 4:30. I got out my bag of imported tortila chips and salsa and enjoyed the second half of the game (a little weird before breakfast but still festive). The illegal stream I was watching was out of Europe on ESPN America which doesn't have any commercials. So I missed out on Superbowl commercials, a little sad. I bet I can find them on YouTube. The game on the internet was decent quality with the video a little bit sticky until.....the moment of truth. Less than a minute to go in the 4th Quarter. 4th down and 5 for the whole shooting match. Ben lifted his leg from shotgun to get the snap and my video froze. I waited impatentily for 5, 10, 15 seconds then began to frantically try to refresh the page. By the time I got it refreshed Rogers was taking a knee for the final play. I guess I will never know what happened on that 4th down play but the outcome was clear. Good game. I was rooting for GB.
Wes

3 comments:

  1. wow, thats dedication. i went to bed 3/4 of the way thru the game, so i missed the end to. i think you are a little more upset than i was ( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. Travis L.8:17:00 AM

    You were seriously rooting for Green Bay? Come on Wes! And I used to respect you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You didn't miss much by not getting the commercials - they were very ho-hum

    ReplyDelete