With snow piling up in the mountains plans for a skiing expedition are evolving. We went to the bazzar to get a tough coat for my weekend adventure. In particular Niki was going to introduce me to the second-hand portion, one of her favorite. We walked into the first store which has piles of clothes piled around the edges and some of the real prizes hanging on the walls. Niki promptly discovered a pair of ski bibbs in one pile. Not what I was looking for but a bonus for $3.50. Then we found another better pair that actualy fit and had reinforcement on the inside of the legs for the tele skier on the go, for the same price. Niki twisted my arm to buy a Timberland down vest for $5. Zors Spas and off to the next store. The next stall we spotted a parka hanging high near the roof. We asked to shop owner to get it down so we could look at it. Jackpot.....A Northface Summit Series shell with Gortex, my size, in perfect condition. Niki is always on my case for not bartering for things. One beautiful thing about this culture is that people won't take advantage of strangers (at least Westerners). The next interaction proved it. I asked the owner how much. 12,000 ($9.50). I said is 11,000 good. He said No. I'll give it to you or 10,000 ($8). Classic.
So I now owned nicer winter clothes than I have ever owned and had spent $16.50. I topped it off with snow gloves new for $1.50 and a beanee for $.80. Mathew Swank I found a little slice of heaven for you.
Thursday, February 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

And it was all legit, eh? No knock-offs? That, my friend, is one incredible bargain! Most impressive :)
ReplyDelete