Well some thoughts I am having this morning, as I experience a real reprieve from the migraine pain are :
1. when in pain for longer than 13 days do not expect to be sane in my reasoning
2. when in pain for longer than 13 days do not expect to get the toilets cleaned, or the laundry, or the dishes, or the carpets, or the floors. or the laundry, or the dusting, or the laundry...(seriously I need some clean underwear:) Good thing we have power today!
3. when in pain for longer than 13 days do not expect to look 'cute', and in fact should settle for a very 80's look to hair and clothes, layers, frizz, and the looser the better
4. when in pain for longer than 13 days DO give thanks to God for such an amazing husband.
5 when in pain for longer than 13 days DO expect my kids to mimick having a headache and try to have a sense of humor about it rather than worry they've been irrevocably influenced to be hypochodriacs
6. when in pain for longer than 13 days DO be thankful for the little things, like friends who call, emails written, messages found from letters written a long time ago, journals with a close friends handwriting in them, warm rice bags that bring relief, electricity that brings an option to have heat without the smelly propane gas floating in the room, people praying, my kids touching my forehead and giving it kisses to 'make it better'. Thanks
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow. Too many days with migraines! I'm glad you're finally feeling a little better but hope this is the worst and they'll stop! I'll pray that is true. Hang in there. Kristin Svec
ReplyDeleteGlad you had some relief. I do hope it keeps getting better.
ReplyDeletelove tori