Monday, November 8, 2010
Vacation Time Vacation Time!
We're headed out today! Praise God!! I was so excited I woke up and GOT up at 6:30 this morning! I came downstairs and did the 'we're going on vacation song and dance' and my husband just looked at me with grumpy eyes. Uh oh! Well I did a repeat performance for Cedar when he got up and he looked at me with excitement in his eyes and said, "Mommy I like that song!"... NOW we're talking! Yummy food, normal clothes, ability to just be me, go for a run, take a walk ANY time of the day and not care about it, no cooking, no cleaning, and... SALAD! Oh gosh I am so excited to have some time off and away! We received a package last night and in the package was a card, the package and letter are from a lady in Rodneys' Sunday School Class he teaches (wes' dad). She wrote the nicest note saying as how the Lord had really put us on her heart, and she has a brother and sister-in-law who have lived over 'here' for the last 5 years and fall and Christmas were always the hardest times. It's true so far for me! She sent some 'fall leaves' for decorating and pumpkin pie fixings, and this neat old Magazine with poems and stories about the fall and the holiday season. It was very encouraging, and very touching how God spoke to her to encourage us. That's really the theme of our lives since we moved over here, its such a blessing to see how God uses people, people we don't know and do know, to encourage us. He speaks in such a clear way when we are looking for Him to, and He does it often. I'm looking forward to this vacation but I'm also glad I'm doing so in a different way than I did our last one. I feel so releases from whatever was 'riding our spirit' before our last vacation, I think Wes may be struggling a little still though. I told him last night, even when I know there's this sadness inside of me that I'm not quite dealing with there's also this wall of faith surrounding my heart too. And when I start to feel like I am or should be sliding into that great sadness I hit the wall of faith, and like a trampoline it bounces me back up to where I should be. I guess its perspective or I guess its just the gift God is giving me right now, but either way I continue to be amazed at the depths my faith grows while we are here. I'm not the most righteous person I know, but I guess that's what I'm learning, that isn't important because Christ is, He's the most righteous and He lives in me, He is my new self, and I am free to become like Him. So Praise God! And Praise God for vacations! And praise God for people who are obedient to His 'prodding'.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

im excited to hear all about your time away,away (you know cuz your away but your going away....anyway).
ReplyDeleteHave fun!!!!!!
I love you friend!!!!