Since Phyllis and Alicia did it, I gotta do it too... so here's my regular day recorded moment by moment, maybe this will help me be in the moment! :) My day started last night though, so it'll be a different time schedule than theirs :) Yesterday evening I was talking on the phone with my mom and Cedar tripped and fell (I didn't actually see it) in our dining room. His head hit the cement tile floor and instantly started to bruise and swell. It stopped swelling when it reached the size of a raquet ball! I was really worried all night because I was afraid of a severe concussion.
9:15 pm (-1 day) Went to bed.
9:16 pm Cedar started crying in bed, his leg was hurting.
9:30 pm Cedar went back to sleep
9:45 pm Cedar woke up crying again, Wes went to help him out this time, they walked around and Cedar says "daddy walking around isn't working".. I chuckle to myself in bed.
10ish pm Cedar went back to sleep.
11 pm woke up because the power turned off and it was too hot to sleep.
11:10 pm Listened to the conversation two men were having on the street, sounded like they were outside our window.
11:12 pm Gave up since I couldn't understand them.
12 am power came back on
5 am Woke up hot because power turned off again.
5:15 am Power turned back on went back to sleep.
6 am Power turned off and I woke up hot again.
6:10 am Power turned back on went back to sleep
6:30 am Wes' cell phone alarm goes off, I roll over and go back to sleep.
6:50 am I hear Oasis' door open, then Cedar talking, they go downstairs with daddy.
7:50 am I wake up the power is off and I am hot, I get up since my alarm is supposed to go off in ten minutes anyways
8:10 am Power turns back on, guess the breaker downstairs flipped.
8:11 am Go downstairs and turn on the english speaking cartoons on the satellite for the kids.
8:20 am Turn off the cartoons because Wes made us eggs and potatoes for breakfast, my favorite and I've been sick all week so he was being nice :)
8:22 am We fight with Cedar about eating breakfast together as a family, we win :)
8:40 am Cartoons are back on and Wes cleans up breakfast while I go upstairs to clean Cedar's and Oasis' rooms
8:55 am Power turns off
9 am Our 'wastah' guy comes to work on Cedar's ac that has been broken for two months.
9:35 am Folding laundry and listening to Wes speak kurdinglish with our "wastah" guy.
9:40 am The Wastah leaves cause we don't have power. Says he'll return this afternoon.
10 am Power comes back on its national so it should stay on for a while :)
10:10 am The 'Wastah' guy comes back, yeah its not the afternoon... who knows?
10:20 am Sweeping and mopping downstairs, wastah leaves ac still not fixed but he took it home with him to work on it.
10:40 am Take Wes to work, he's going to 'K' town today.
11:10 am Return home, put on The Swan Princess for the kids,rearrange dining room, wash off table, finish mopping, do dishes, clean sink.
11:15 am Collect all the trash and take it outside for the trash collection, and give kids a snack from the freezer, finish everything I just wrote before :) National water is on so our tanks are getting filled, I start the dishwasher since we'll have enough water now :) Woohoo!
12 pm Funch, froot loops :) It's a cereal kind of day!
12:15 pm Get on computer to check email and see lots of really encouraging emails :) thanks! Get on blogspot to do this silly blogging :)
12:22 pm turn on 'Cars' movie for the kids before naptime.
12:40 pm run referee with the kids and markers :) Back to facebook :)
12:47 pm Cedar went potty and yells out at the top of his lungs his usual.. "MOOOOOOM I went POOOOP!!!!!" I get him some candy as a reward, remember pop rocks?? :)
12:54 pm watched Cedar run to the mirror to watch the candy pop in his mouth... ahahahhaha.. love it! Oasis has disappeared.. hmmmm...
12:55 pm Found her in her diaper dressing up in a orange black and decker construction workers vest :) hahahaha I love my kids. Still weeding through the internet trying to find good parenting books.
1 pm Shoo Cedar out of the book cabinet.
1:03 pm Give up trying to find parenting books, and get a book to read with the kids before naptime.
1:29 pm Laid kids down for naps after reading two golden book stories and getting caramel popcorn from our friends :) What should I do? Ahhh, bible time :)
2:10 pm Checked on kids to make sure they are sleeping, now time to read some books... 'how we love' and 'same kind of different as me'...
2:16 pm Lost power, went to bed to read and maybe nap
2:30pm Power back on
2:44 pm Oasis wakes up and we go downstairs, mickey mouse time, she changes into her second outfit of the day.
2:49 pm Give Oasis some snacks, chips... just being cultural ;)
3:15 pm Clean up kitchen from lunch and previous messes from the week while I was sick... left the stove for another time, it was too depressing. Exactly what does Wes do when he is cooking? Emptied dishwasher. Had a genius book idea while cleaning counter tops... "a pastor (think Billy Graham) is in an accident and wakes up with amnesia and no longer believes in God, the story unfolds as all the questions of faith are asked as he tries to fight the journey back to God." Good one right??
3:16 pm Head upstairs to mop Oasis' room. All our flooring is cement tile.... woopee!!
3:21 pm Forgot Cedar was sleeping, and I can't mop until I vacuum, so I woke Cedar up so he'll go to sleep early tonight, and I'm still worried about his head. Back upstairs now that he's settled with a snack.
3:47 pm finished mopping with Oasis' help... "mommy, no walk, i washing ok?"... well I had to mop that spot all over again, but she was very proud of herself! :) Time to go try and light the oven, we don't have a switch so I have to stick a lighter into a hole to try and ignite the burners underneath the metal plating :)
3:50 pm Kids are in time out cause they were fighting over the T.V.
3:54 pm time to make cookies together, this should be interesting....
4 pm Oven still not lit, on attempt number 4
4:08 pm We realized the lighter is out of fluid.. no cookies :(
4:11 pm Playdough :)
4:50 pm Cedar comes over to tell me what he made.. its the tower of Jericho he says, its made of really strong rocks, sticks to help the rocks, and really really big sticks for the roof! :) Time for dinner... hmmm??
5pm made clay turtles
5:03 pm Oasis has destroyed her turtle... still haven't made it to cook something for dinner, would cereal be so bad?
5:12 pm Kick Cedar out of the corner cupboard while I am trying to make dinner. Thanks mom! The hamburger helper complete meal fetuccini alfredo yummy!
5:15 pm Send kids upstairs to play in their rooms after getting Oasis out of the corner cupboard! :)
5:21 pm Wes just texted saying he'd just traded vehicles (from the armored plated one to the normal one) so that means he'll be home in just over an hour!! Wow, surprise for me! This has to be a record! I hope he's got some mail!! :)
5:23 pm Go upstairs to check on kids and use the normal toilet.
5:24 pm Forgot to pee
5:25 pm Discover a bowl of chips spilled over Oasis' floor, how'd they get up there??!! Vacuum up chips, hah jokes on them, I hadn't hauled the vacuum back downstairs yet! :D
5:56 pm Just crashed, time to clean up from dinner but the couch is calling
6:24 pm Kids go into time out for carrying their little table across the living room, after being told not to.
6:30 pm Kids go upstairs to play until its time to go and get Daddy.
6:38 pm Kids are watching Pink Panther on satellite, I'm going to look for some free ebooks online :)
6:54 pm Oasis serves herself from the water cooler, Oasis gets in trouble for serving herself from the water cooler... lol....
7 pm Go pick up Wes at office
7:12 pm Open packages in mail, one from my mom and one from an order Wes placed for the boyscouts
7:25 pm Noticed my feet have broken out in hives, I'm hoping its not a reaction to the amoxicillin I'm taking. Wes is putting the kids to bed.. ahhhhhh :)
8 pm Wes kicks me off TV
8:21 pm Blogger kicks me off of the post
8:30 pm We lose power, cause Wes uses the microwave! grrrrr....
8:57 pm I'm thinking I lost the whole stupid blog post, but nope here it is and only lost the last couple of entries :)
Have a good weekend!
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thank you so much for doing this. I LOVE it! Getting see what an average day looks like. You should do it more often!!! Like on a day where you do some shopping or something.
ReplyDeleteLove you and miss you!!
Oh my goodness! What an adventure. I think maybe I should give this a try. My days are definitely not as crazy! How are you liking "Same Kind of different as Me?" I really enjoyed it. I don't know a lot of people who have read it and I would love to know what you think. :-) Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteIt would be hard to always time things around the power being on or off. You are doing a great job in the circumstances!! I also loved "Same Kind of Different as Me". Hope you are feeling better!!!
ReplyDelete