Sunday, July 18, 2010

Constancy of God.

It's funny to me how people can look at life and say God is the inconstant. I mean have we really looked around lately? And we think God is fickle? I've been thinking about this because our electricity can be so crazy, and with 120+ degree temperatures you feel the pain! We joke alot about electricity here, and it was one of the first words I learned in the language! How true is that for God too? I mean we all talk about God all the time don't we? Sure there's different words for it, feelings, conscience, higher power, but in truth we can't escape Him, He's everywhere, He's the constant in our universe. While life fluctuates, and the various ups and downs occur, God sitll exists. When life passes away, or relationships fizzle out, God still is. I've taken so much comfort in this concept. The Bible talks alot about the constancy of God, and I have been wanting to do a name study for a month or so, and I think this next month I am going to committ to doing it. The promises of God are often thrown around, but do I fully realize the names and promises of God and their complete security? I don't think so. I know that this last year was hard, and I mean HARD. I was challenged by people who I thought loved us and supported us, I was challenged by my own lack of faith, and I was challenged by the enemy. Yet even through all that fluctuation, God never left me. I mean I would have! Ok, Wes never left me either, but that could be attributed to God in him as well! :) I was talking with my mother-in-law a couple of weeks ago, and she said something that keeps ringing in my head about my battle with depression. I just keep thinking there's more to the picture than I understand. If I truly believe God healed me of depression a year ago this month, then why wouldn't He remain faithful in His work? I mean the blind man never went blind again did he? And the lame didn't become lame after Jesus moved on to the other town right? So why would I place limits on how God has worked in my life, just because of the passing of time, or changing of circumstances? God is God, before during and after my life, He's the only one who has that claim.

1 comment:

  1. I love studying the names of God. I am always thrilled to the core with what I just glimpse. The theme of Super Summer was the "I AM" it was so powerful to read and study about again. It never gets old. Love you Niki. Praying.

    ReplyDelete