Thursday, February 11, 2010

Crazy tilt a whirl

I think we are on a crazy tilt a whirl... and its finally starting to slow down, the only thing is I was hoping it was going to stop sometime ago :) No worries, God is all the strength we need, and He has been great to supply all we need and more. Abbie you asked about the memory verses, well I have reviewed them atleast every other day, but with the language learning I am finding it difficult. In fact I think that will be one of our greatest challenges... to not let our language learning consume God, but in fact to allow God to work through our language learning.
Today we went out on our own. We walked about a mile to a restaurant for lunch, managed to communicate that we wanted 3 Chicken Schwarma, and proceeded to walk home, buy bread, groceries, and greet some neighbors... all on our own. It may sound trivial but I assure you we just took our first steps, and many of you can remember when your child did that for the first time... well that is how we felt for sure! Praise God the Kurdish people are so welcoming and gracious... even if their work ethic isn't the same as ours, and I ended up with one kitchen sink (as is normal here) instead of two. I will adjust.
I wish I could do a sound byte of all the normal everyday noises here, the propane guy banging on his tank, the sound of the chicken truck as the guy yells through is loudspeaker, the kids coming and going from their homes to school, the trucks, taxis, buses and cars beeping their horns, the soccer game going on across the street... oh did I mention this is during nap time? Lol. Our kids can officially sleep through anything, whether it is our water tank being installed on our roof, kitchen cupboards being built in our kitchen, metal bars being welded to the windows, or the occasional and very suspicious silence that descends when all the noises stop for a time. Praise God that He has helped our children sleep even during all these crazy things going on.
The good news is we are in our house, we finally finished the last of the installations, and I think we might Insha Allah have phone by Sunday. Ahhhh.... connected at last at home. :)
Things to be lifting up to the Creator on our behalf:
Spiritual attack in the form of dreams, lack of compassion for each other, and general thing that have come up
Adjustment for the kids, that they would be patient with the transition
Hearts feeling homesickness and realizing it will be some time till we are with family and friends again.
The light of Christ will shine brightly in all we do, even with the language barrier.
Friends for Cedar.
Thanks for battling on our behalf.

No comments:

Post a Comment