In the last two and a half weeks we have been to both Idaho and Utah. Seen many friends, spoke with Wes' church elders, recieved new supporters (prayer and financial) and had many wonderfully rich conversations with each other and those who are concerned for us. Once again I am struck with the love others are giving us, how differently it is expressed, and how wonderful God is to reveal the truth in each of them.
My mom has been a great encouragement to me lately. She has been quick to support me, and help me when I am getting discouraged. It is amazing what a mom's love is like. We are thousands of miles apart but last night on the phone she says, your voice sound discouraged, why are you discouraged? Bless her for that, just having someone ask helped me overcome a battle within my heart. I am blessed to have a mother, and one who strives to be there even when her daughter is far away.
There are many things I find myself thankful for this morning. I am thankful for a God who reigns sovereign over this world, and my life. I am thankful I am a new creation in Christ, that I have a hope for the continual cycle of sin I find myself choosing, I am thankful for a loving, supportive and soft-hearted husband, I am thankful for two children who love me, and Wes, who try so very hard to be obedient, I am thankful for a morning away thinking and praying on the life we are choosing to follow in the Middle East, I am thankful I do not have to raise all this money on my own, I am thankful for those who have chosen to support us, and for those who are still processing, I am thankful God has used us to challenge and deepen peoples' faith already in this process, I am thankful for friendships that are to come, and friendships that have stood the test of time, I am thankful for the crisp autumn weather, and the renewal of the snow.
This weekend God spoke to me in my spirit, He encouraged me to worship Him more, to be ever mindful of His sovereignty and grace upon me, He showed me how He delights in my worship of Him. He revealed to me much of His character in a vision of dancing before Him... I praise God understands my artistic heart of worship, and delights in this as well as the more traditional forms of worship He has given us.
Do you know Him? I pray all nations, peoples, and my loved ones will know Him one day, but I especially pray that you would know Him NOW! Ephesians 2:8-10 "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- not by works so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." ( I am trying to memorize this one right now.. Praise Jesus)
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment