We are at 31%!! And only two months remaining. Crazy! There is much we have learned in the last couple of months or so, but I will say this last week was the one week I felt bombarded to my very core of faith. I am not sure why I was so discouraged, but I was. I am not sure why I continue to doubt but I do. I am not sure why I struggle so deeply with who I am, but its true never the less, and I am not sure why God continues to love me so very much, but He does. Phillipians 4: 6-7 was encouraging to me in this process. I found it to be very comforting to recognize the fullness of God's faithfullness, and ability to provide all that I need. Much of the time I have the tendency to remain in the what can I do mentality, but of late God is showing me more and more, its about what He has already done that matters.
The Bible study I have been doing at Faith E is the Navigators 2:7 study. And I have truly enjoyed the challenge of Bible verse memorization. One verse we are memorizing is Assurance of Victory 1 Cor 10:13 "No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. AND GOD IS FAITHFUL, he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bare. But when you are tempted He will also provide a way out, so that you can stand up under it." I have been meditating on the portion in caps. Why do we think God is not faithful? hmmmm.... I know the doctrinal/theological answers, what I am working through is my hearts' answer. What are your thoughts?
As we continue this process I am finding myself thankful for friendships. The kind of friendships that give me grace when I least deserve it, and accountability when I least want it :) I also find myself more and more thankful for my children, they have been so very encouraging even when they have been naughty. And lately since Wes went on his work trip, they have been very naughty:)!!
I'd also like to put a note out there saying, feel free to leave comments, or email us anytime. It is so very encouraging to remember we are not alone:)
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Blessings and prayers for you guys! And we would appreciate yours as well :)
ReplyDeleteDaniel
Hey, how are you guys doing? It sounds like you guys have quite the crazy life...You are always up to so much good. I really look up to you guys. I hope all is going well for you.
ReplyDelete