Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Overtime Musings

Lately I swear it feels as if Wes and I have taken on a second full time job, and so much of our thoughts are processing in 'overtime' mind power. Hence the reason for the lack of posts. Much has continued to happen in our lives as we have begun the journey to move overseas. One of the many things, has been an overwhelming sense of rightness in following God's call to go. I have been very thankful for the time with Jesus of late, more so than normal, just because I am finding myself so dependent on Him. At different times in my life I have been in sincere awe of our Creator, lately for about 3 months or so these times of awe have become more and more frequent, and more and more intense.
I had a great chat with Rachael (one of our team members, notice the spelling rach swan? :) yesterday, it was a time of great encouragement and laughter. My favorite kind of talking! Anyways, she confirmed in my heart what I had been hearing in my mind, much of our perspective will change in the coming weeks, days, months, years ahead. The verse Collossians 3:2 "set your mind on things above, not on earthly things" (thank Ann! ) has become a mantra of sorts for me. It is so true, we NEED to set our mind on the things above, the greatness of our God, the love of Jesus, the mercy of His sacrifice, the battle being won our behalf DAILY, the necessity our dependence on Him, the perspective Jesus has on humankind. These have been my thoughts, coupled with the verse from Phillipians 4:8-9 "Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you."
Many of you are already here in your walk with Jesus, I however continue to struggle to be what God had in mind when He created me. Lately my prayer is just that I would glorify Him with my obedience. So I pray this for each of you today as well...

Update on our funding process... we had a 'moving sale' praise Jesus... we made 2300 dollars!! (rough est., eh? me and numbers don't get along) Thanks Olferts for all your work and effort on our behalf, and for sacrificing your grass to the many feet which trampled upon it this weekend. And Thank you Jesus for the fish and loaves you made out of the many donations people gave. Alicia Olfert prayed for fish and loaves, and we were so blessed when it came to be... Again a moment of awe in the God we serve!!

No comments:

Post a Comment