There are times in everyones' lives when it just seems to slip away from them, you enter into a moment thinking it will go one way, and leave thinking what just happened? Well I swear to you, the whole last month was one of those moments, from birthdays, weddings, visitors and camps, it has been a crazy flash forward in life. And I mean flash forward because it certainly wasn't any lazy meandering to this moment with me sitting in my bed, finally posting about our lives.
Let me just say this... God is sovereign.
There that about sums up what I have learned in the last two months. Want an explanation? So do I! And here I am the one who has lived it out, but quiet frankly, I'm baffled. I'm baffled by the hurt around me, in me, and through me. I am baffled by the amount change which has ocurred, and I'm baffled by the amount of change which has not ocurred. So truly my response to the on going question in my mind is..... God is sovereign.
So where are we in the process of working overseas? Good question again. We are in process. :)
Sorry for the sarcasm, however I suppose that would be the most forthright answer. We still do not have a leave by date, nor have we begun our support raising since we still do not have an account, but once again God is sovereign.
Why do you suppose the most complex problems seem to have the most simplistic of answers? Hmmm, another question for another day.
Cedar is 3 years old since I last posted, and I am now one year older as well... wink wink... We had wonderful birthdays with family, old friends, and new friends. Just the way I like it, and Wes' younger sister came and stayed for two weeks. Very fruitful time, and I have been so encouraged in seeing growth and maturity coming into her life. Praise Jesus for that, cause He is sovereign over her life as well.
We've recieved our 13 books we ordered from the recommended readings we recieved at c.s., and I have been thoroughly enjoying reading most of the them, some of them are challenging, and well, boring, but I am determined to get the nuggets out of them!! Our list if you are interested;
Muslims, Christians and Jesus by: Carl Madearis
The Sacred Romance by:Brent Curtis & John Eldredge
The Smell of Sin: By don everts
Spiritual Disciplines Handbook: Adele Ahlberg Calhoun
Miniskirts, Mothers & Muslims by: Christine A. Mallouhi
Humility and Absolute Surrender by: Andrew Murray
No god but God by: Reza Aslan
The Three Battlegrounds by : Francis Frangipane
Prevailing Prayer by: Francis Frangipane
Daughters of Islam by: Miriam Adeney
How We Love by: Milan and Kay Yerkovich
Search for Significance by:
So, jump in and read some of these with us please, and then we can have a great discussion on them!! Blessings upon you and yours...
Friday, July 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I started the Carl Medearis one, and it is great! Of course, after hearing him speak, I figured it would be.
ReplyDelete