We talked with our T.L, yesterday and are planning on talking with him and his wife again today. The conversation today should solidify all the loose ends, we hope, and allow us to be appointed with F. However, I suppose there are no real guarantees :)
Each day it seems we have some really great conversations about this process, and I have been so encouraged by the amount of people who are interested in what we will be doing there, and how we will be serving the Kurdish people.
Most days I am excited as I have said before, but some days I get really down about the whole being away from family and friends. Last night I was so passionate about the women in these cultures and the opportunity to share Jesus with them, as well as just the immense blessing of coming alongside them to do life. How is it God has called us to go? Why us? We look around and there are so many more charasmatic, and talented people, people who have their lives way more together, or their finances way more managed, or women who are way more equipped to be a stay at home mom, teacher, Jesus sharer, nurse, office administrator, accountant.... ooops, sorry I got off on a tangent there:) Anyways the point is we have many weaknesses and today in church God was showing me He designed us this way so that his glory would be revealed that much more in our weaknesses. He also showed me his desire to educate the body on the unreached world, and so there are some ideas God has given me that I will chew on and weed through for a little while, but I look forward to being able to share with the body the world of the muslim man/woman as we have come to learn about it.
We also had the opportunity to sit down and share about C.S., and that was such a blessing to us to be able to sit down and spill our guts about the time we had there, and the ways in which God revealed himself to us. We were so blessed to have someone desire to hear our hearts in this, and I'm sure it wasn't nearly as enjoyable for them, as it was for us:) It was good to stop and remember what had happened at C.S., and to put life back into perspective. Praise Jesus.
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So good to see you guys in Twin last weekend!!! And we can't wait to get some good time so you can spill your guts about C.S. to us, have been wanting to hear more since before you went :) It's amazing to journey with you...
ReplyDeleteDaniel