Wednesday, December 21, 2011

And so the answer came...

The date of my last entry is November fourth, and the date of today's entry is December 21st. I can't do the math but I'm sure you can, its taken that long plus months before that entry for God to show us His plan for us.
We're moving to Alaska.
When I started this blog it was mainly because we were looking at going overseas to be full-time 'workers' for the kingdom. I have to laugh now at the irony of it all, cause while we have spent the last year and a half (minus the last 7 months stateside) in Iraq, we now find ourselves moving to Alaska!
This has been such a hard decision. In fact it has been very similar to our journey to follow Christ to the Middle East. We've prayed and prayed and agonized and worried and just generally found ourselves wondering more and more what God was doing in all this. In the end it came down to a moment of prayer with Wes and I, and finally receiving that confirmation and peace. We desire to greatly to follow where God leads, but it is not always the convenient or conventional way to go. While making the decision we realized that if we wait a month or two or three more, we would probably have a job in the lower 48, and it would more than likely be a better financial situation. How can I explain to you that sometimes it isn't always what we would "think" is wise. That sometimes it seems so foolish to go where God leads. I think of Paul and the many times God directed him into what seems to a us a veritable hornets nest, and there were so many around Paul telling him not to go there, yet go he would, sometimes it resulted in imprisonment, sometimes a whole town calling upon the true Savior of the world, and sometimes it resulted in nothing. Yet Paul kept going where God led him.
I hope this time it isn't a case of imprisonment, or nothing, but rather I believe God to have led us to a place where we will have real unity in our marriage, where both of us will find fulfillment in the 'work' there for us, and that we will see our children grow to become closer and closer to Christ, eventually finding Him to be their family, best friend, and home.
My heart is saddened in this journey, just as it was when we left to go to Suly, and when we left Suly as well. I grieve the lack of finances that would allow us to travel there this next year as we had hoped, and I grieve the feeling of being pulled further away from my close friends. Actually as I'm writing this it seems like I don't have anything good to say, but there's so much 'good' in following Christ that sometimes its hard to express it all in a way that makes sense.
Many years ago God gave us a vision of going on the field with some really good friends, we thought of ourselves as adopted aunt and uncle to their children, through a series of life events we found ourselves grieving the loss of so many dreams one of which was the dream of serving overseas with them. These close friends live in the same town in Alaska we are moving to, and both Wes and I are so very blessed to call them our friends and they have invited us to be adopted by their family once again. It's amazing how we think just because it doesn't fit into our timeline that something is over or maybe we miss heard God, yet God knows all, sees all and always is faithful. How amazing that will be living in community with these good friends after all this time, and in a place that most people never even visit even though its technically a state. Although as my dad said, we might as well be moving to another country for the distance it puts between us, but hey I say at least they speak in English and more than likely we won't be met by armed guards when getting off the plane ;). What we see driving around town might be a different story! :) lol!
I'm most excited for Wes and the job that he will be doing there. It seems to be such a great fit for his engineer side but also the dreamer side. They are company committed to the Lord which in and of itself is such a deep blessing, as well as the nations. God truly provides.
Cedar is most excited at the idea of a plane that lands and takes off on water. :) And Oasis is happy that there are girls for her friends when she gets there. I hope the girls are ready for her!! :)
So all in all, we are so very relieved and humbled by God's grace and sufficiency. That yet again we find ourselves to deeply loved, and He has blessed us with such abundance in this life. What an adventure eh?

1 comment: