Friday, June 4, 2010

Mood Gauger

I'm guessing you all can guess what my mood has been like lately, since I haven't posted in a long while. Well, quite frankly I just get tired of saying we're struggling. So this morning we're doing great! We had fresh homemade biscuits for breakfast (sans shortening) with cut up fresh strawberries and one of our hoarded packets of gravy! Yummy, and the best part is I didn't wake up until 9:30, and there it all was in the kitchen, and the dishes are even washed! I love my husband. Looks like we might be over the flu and I am working through another migraine, the kids and Wes are up on the roof working on their bikes (pictures to follow) which were their birthday gifts from us this year. Oasis' is from here, and Cedar's is a hand-me-down from some friends. So I ordered some training wheels and a bell, to make it special :) He has been so excited and I know Oasis is going to love hers too once she tries it out. Unfortunately Cedar's came with some repair issues but Wes (of course) has gotten those mostly fixed. I think today we will also try to put up an awning on the roof so we can have a pool up there! I am very excited for this, when the power goes out it is HOT and I mean you are sitting still sweating a pool yourself, HOT! It's been over 100 degrees for two weeks, and its here to stay... until August! Oh dear :)
I will get some pictures taken and uploaded today. The kids are growing so much, and becoming such little people all their own.
It's Friday which for you all is like Saturday for us. Wes has been putting in a lot of time with work, and we have been putting a lot of time into visiting lately so we are really in need of a weekend. We might even go for a drive. I love going for drives. When I was a kid my parents and brother and I would pack into whatever car we had, or truck, and go for a drive in the country. Since we lived in SouthWestern NY its pretty easy to go for a drive in the country. We might take a map but we wouldn't look at it, just drive and drive and drive and when we'd come to a stop sign we'd decide which direction simply by saying 'That Way!'. It's some of our favorite times as a family, Mom and Dad never fought when we went driving, and it was such an adventure. Dad and Mom would tell us stories when they were kids, or when Dad used to drive the Beer Truck, or maybe his band had played there or that used to be a one-room school house! So many fun memories. And now our kids are going to do the same things with us, cause Wes and I both love to go for drives too! The difference? Google Earth is taking over my husbands mind!
So we'll have our Saturday of fun together as a family, with a little adventure and maybe some Kurdish language practice, maybe some time with Rachael and Adelynn and we'll all take some time to revel in the God who gives us such grace as to live this life joyfully.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:46:00 AM

    What a great post and how encouraging to hear of a great weekend as a family. It's great to hear the joy in your "voice". - Sara W

    ReplyDelete
  2. What precious memories you are making with your children! Miss you and praying for you! :-) What gravy packets do you get/like??

    ReplyDelete
  3. you girlie-just wanted to remind you that YOU were the one who told me to do my room. so thanks for telling me that-i love how it turned out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I often joke that I grew up in the back seat of my dad's ugly orange Toyota. My dad worked swing shift, would get home at 1 in the morning, and we'd pile in the car and drive to crazy places like Idaho and Wendover from our home in Davis County. Of course, that was before it was the law for kids to be in car seats or even wear seat belts. My parents would make a bed for me in the back and I'd sleep.

    ReplyDelete