It is too much what you have asked,
standing alone adrift in this turbulent sea
it is too much what you have asked,
watching the turmoil surrounding me.
It is too much what you have asked,
having faith and being watchful for thee
It is too much what you have asked,
to seek and save the lost lamb
It is too much what you have asked,
to stand bared before the elements seeking that hand
Father you have asked and so you will provide
Father you have aksed and so do not hide
your face from me or the strength of your voice
guide me LORD nearer to the choice
you have chosen already strengthen me to obey
O LORD guide me across the water to the safety of faith
During my prayer time I had this vision of standing adrift the sea during a turbulent storm, and I was scared and alone, wondering why God would ask this of me... and His answer to my cry, and arguements were simply 'have faith'.
Ok, have faith. So easy right? Right, so I wrote this poem to express what I felt and how I doubted Gods' faithfulness. He IS faithful, and so from this time of prayer I really walked away encouraged, I mean atleast He showed me standing on the water, not sinking in it... lol.... so have faith, yes Lord I believe, help my unbelief :)

Niki,
ReplyDeleteI love this poem... It actually reminded me of a scripture in the Book of Mormon (I know you don't read the Book of Mormon, but I think that all Christians would agree with this verse). It is found in 1 Nephi 3:5: "And it came to pass, that I Nephi said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the things which he commanded them."
I know this is true...There have been several times in my life that I feel like I have been asked to do the impossible, but I know that when I look unto Christ and ask help from God, then all is possible. I have also witnessed this through reading the bible...All of the prophets in both the Old and New testament were given duties or trials that seemed impossible, but through their faith all of them prevailed.
We love you guys and are praying for you:) Merry Christmas.
The Davies Family
I know I just made a comment, but I forgot to write this scripture, which also came to my mind when I read your poem (also found in the Book of Mormon). Alma 26:12- "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
ReplyDeleteawesome nik!
ReplyDeletei really like it. I miss you