A Vision of the Possible By: Daniel Sinclair
" Lets face it anyone who would leave family and friends; a good job; a home; one's own country, culture, and language; and move to the other side of the world where everything is so different and scary and economically poorer-not to mention hostile to the message-must be a little nuts, right? Numerous other times I have been asked, 'So you guys must really like over there, right?; expecting to hear the affirmative. After all, the reasons for going must be the adventure, the stimuation from other cultures, foreign travel, and the like. Not!
.... There's only one reason to be doing what we're doing: because Christ wants us to. Why? Because He loves all people, not just us. He wants everyone to have the opportunity to know Him-not just those who live in free, comfortable countries."
I liked this as I read it, because I feel like I am having to defend our reasons for going over and over and over! Sometimes I just want to scream, 'Don't you get it? I don't WANT to leave, I don't WANT to learn a new language, I don't WANT to figure out how to cook, shop and even pee all over again!! I don't WANT to, but God is saying He wants us to. So what do I do with that?
Friday, April 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment